Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Random Dozen



(It’s sad that I’m doing this because I fell in love with the picture, isn’t it? LOL.)

1. Are you sticking to traditional Thanksgiving foods this year, or are you being culinarily adventurous?
Probably traditional. I’m hoping Bambi will be on the menu, but I’ll be happy with Tom the Turkey, too (Can you tell I’m not a vegetarian?).

2. Tell me something concrete that you're thankful for. (Something you can literally touch, see, etc., not a concept like "hope.")
My bug zapper. Yeah, that’s right. We own one. And it’s fairly amazing…even though I’m still too scared to get the bugs.

3. You knew the flip side was coming: Share about something intangible that you're thankful for.
That I don’t have school again until Jan. 19, 2010!!!

4. Share one vivid Thanksgiving memory. It doesn't have to be deep or meaningful, just something that remains etched in your memory.
I remember one a few years back with my hubby (at his old job, he often traveled on Thanksgiving). He and my cousins were throwing the football in my aunt’s front yard. It was just so fun and peaceful.

5. What is one thing that you know beyond a shadow of a doubt is going to happen this Thanksgiving because it always does, year after year?
We will eat. Lots.

6. Do your pets get any leftovers?
As I spent $200 to get Superdog’s teeth cleaned this year, she will NOT be having any leftovers. She may have a Milkbone. (Unless her "Grandpa" feels sorry for her and feeds her when I'm not looking.)

7. Does your family pray before the big meal? If so, do you join hands while seated, stand, repeat a formal prayer or offer a spontaneous prayer? Who does the praying?
Yep. It’s usually a prayer when everyone’s crowding around the food about to eat, and usually given by my uncle.

8. Will you be watching football in the afternoon? If not, what will you be doing?
Superman would like it if we would, and he may be able to con the other football-loving family members into turning on the TV. Before we married, the TV was not turned on during Thanksgiving.

9. There are two distinct camps of people on this issue: How do you feel about oysters in the dressing/stuffing?
What?!! Does that actually happen???

10. Do you consider yourself informed about the first Thanksgiving?
I went to public school. We dressed up as pilgrims and Indians. I was an Indian. I got pics to prove it.

11. Which variety of pie will you be enjoying?
One of each, please.

12. Do you feel for the turkey?? (This is a humorous throw back question related to the 12th question in another Random Dozen!)
Read Question 1. That should answer any and all questions.

7 comments:

Mari said...

Enjoy all of your pies! I loved that 1 of each answer. As for oysters in the stuffing, that is just wrong!

Brooke said...

i had never heard of oyster dressing either, until last year with Jay's family. "I don't care for any thank you."

Kristen said...

I love this... what a fun post!! And I think Superdog would look adorable in that little pup costume, especially with his sparkly clean super teeth!

Sara@iSass said...

LOL Bug zapper! Girl you crack me up! WOO HOO no school until Mid-January! That's gotta feel SO good!

my word verif: blest.

septembermom said...

Oysters in the stuffing? That's a new one for me. Bug zapper is a funny choice, but I understand why it's necessary.

Enjoy turkey day!

StephieAnne said...

Fun answers........Cheers to a super great Thanksgiving tomorrow!!!

(And I love Peppermint Mochas too!)

Brittany Ann said...

Happy Thanksgiving!