I’ve had a hard time recently with writing. Not because lack of ideas – I’m chock full of ideas. As Bobby Hill once said, “My best ideas come to me in the tub.” Of course, he was talking about plagiarism, too.
No, my issue is with privacy issues. I’ve learned that a certain individual who hurt me greatly has somehow stumbled across my blog. That’s the price I pay for not making my blog more anonymous, I suppose.
Granted, I use a nickname instead of my real name, and I don’t post my whereabouts. That’s more for safety issues than anything else, though.
So my first thought was, “Do I privatize my blog?” This would mean that many people, mainly relatives who I know read, would not be able to see it, or at least would have a harder time viewing. That’s not fair to them. Plus, I’m not a private person. I’m very open, brutally honest, and, then, here’s the kicker:
I don’t care.
Therefore, You-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named, read on. I hope it gives you some strange pleasure, as I don’t know why you would be reading my blog if you weren’t enjoying it.
As for me and for those reading, we’re going to talk about more fun items. Such as Thanksgiving. And now, without further ado, welcome to the inaugural Wednesday Hodgepodge, hosted by Joyce!!
1. Do you think you're more like your mom or your dad?
I’m definitely a mix. I talk and act like my mom, but a lot of my emotions are identical to my dad’s. Guess that comes from being an only child.
2. Do you like roller coasters?
Does this picture answer your question?
I LOVE roller coasters. Minus this one.
3. How did you name your blog and do you now wish you'd thought about it maybe another five minutes before you hit publish? Would you change your blog title if it were not a huge pain in the derriere? (French makes everything sound a little nicer doesn't it?)
I wish my blog addy and title were the same to make it easier, but I love both of those phrases.
“Thirsty Southern Soul” is me. That’s exactly what I am. I want to be a plant that soaks up God’s Word and His wisdom like rain.
“Fearfully, Wonderfully Made” came from Psalm 139, which is actually taped on my gradebook so I can see it before I go into every class. My favorite verse from that psalm is No. 14: "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.” The psalm is a comfort on bad days.
4. What is the best wedding gift you received? Not married? Didn't get any gifts? Then what is the best wedding gift you've given?
I received a lot of memorable gifts, which I feel are the best. I love that something special, that keepsake you can always treasure. I can think of three: the first comes from my aunt, and it was a plate that had stick figures of me and Husband on it with our names and wedding date. Secondly, a sweet neighbor of my parents knitted a blanket. We didn’t know her well, but the fact that she took the time and effort to knit us a blanket means a lot. Thirdly, one of my mother-in-law’s best friends sent us Tiffany candlesticks. Every girl knows that blue box is special… =)
5. What is the one bill you most hate to pay?
Ha! I don’t pay bills in our household! Woo hoo!!!
6. Is the glass half full or half empty?
Ninety percent of the time, it’s half full. And, when it’s half empty, I stop thinking about the glass at all.
7. What is your favorite word? Okay okay. Calm down. How about one of your favorite words?
Oh, gosh, I love words. Some words I love because of the way they are spelled or sound, others because of what they mean.
Spelling/sound – tenacious, quiche
Meaning – grace, joy
However, I dislike enthusiastic because I can’t spell it, and Word Check can’t figure out what I’m trying to spell. You have no idea how long it took to spell it correctly this time.
8. Now, this is where you insert one random thought of your own...maybe something that struck you as funny, something that recently had you scratching your head in confusion, something that annoyed you a teensy bit, something on your to do list, something you are looking forward to, whatever. As long as it is in keeping with the friendly tone we've all come to know and love on Wednesdays then we're good. Don't make me get out my wooden spoon.
I'm working on two research papers right now, and I keep forgetting I have other items to attend to as well...such as completing this week's research assignment...and making out a final for my students...They'd be happy if I just said, "No final! You all get 100s!" Right?
Hop on over to Joyce’s and have fun!