Friday, December 30, 2011

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year


I’m not really sure if having two weeks off for Christmas is too much or too little. I never want to go back to work, and I’m starting to get comfortable in this routine of staying up too late, sleeping too late, and drinking too much coffee. At all times of the day or night. Scandalous, I know.

I thought about doing a recap of the year’s highlights, but if you’re really that interested, just read some old blogs. ;) Instead, I decided to do a recap of this year’s best quotes…

Question: “Who was the Democratic Speaker of the House?”
Answer: “Condoleezza Rice.”

Student, discussing whether or not a professor was gay: “Maybe he likes the rainbow, but he stays away from the rainbow.”

Student: “It’s okay if I miss a Spanish lecture. I’ll just watch ‘Dora the Explorer’ before the next class and catch up.”

Me: “I gotta say, this paper was really impressive.”
Student: “Really?”
Me: “Yeah. Impressively bad.”

Me: “Have you started working on your multimedia project yet?”
Student: “No. I think we’re going to wait until the last week.”
Me: “Um…yeah, that’s now. It’s due next week.”
Student: “ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! You can’t drop that bombshell on me!”
Me: “It’s been in the syllabus since the beginning of the semester.”

Student: “I’ve got three girlfriends.  I’m very productive.”

Student: “I want my hair to be long and flowing. Like a mermaid’s.”

Student: “My life is like a box of chocolates…you know, dark.”

Student: “My mom puts Scripture all over my wall because she thinks that I’ve got men over in my room all the time.”

Lastly, here are some pictures from Christmas.





Happy New Year!!!

3 comments:

Mari said...

I love those quotes! Great pictures too.

misti said...

Happy New Year!

septembermom said...

The girlfriend productivity quote is priceless!