Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Welcome to the new year


Note: This blog was written Jan. 3.
 
I love sitting at my house watching the light slowly fade from multiple windows in my living room. My husband is by my side reading, and my sweet pup is curled up next to me. I’m sure my cat is…somewhere. ;)

2012 has been fantastic these first three days…so I’m hoping the next 362 will be as equally wonderful. At any rate, we welcomed in 2012 sleeping. That’s right, conked out in the bed and a bit annoyed when we were awakened by fireworks. Old people, I know, ha!

I actually made a list of how Kyle and I have spent NYEs since we’ve been married. Nerd much?

2005: Headed to Natchitoches, La., and stayed in one heck of a creep B&B. No locks on the doors. I swear someone came in our room in the middle of the night. Eeek!!
2006: Natchitoches again…this time in a hotel. With locks.
2007: Ahem…Natchitoches with a group of friends. At a B&B. That may or may not have been haunted. That we played hide and seek in. Yes, it was a good night.
2008: Kyle was away with work for two weeks after Christmas, so I went to Chicago. Also, some time after I got back, I got food poisoning something awful. So, yes, I did ring in 2009…while puking my guts up.
2009: Very similar to this year – in New Orleans…doing laundry, watching TV, and complaining about neighbors blowing fireworks, lol. Old!!
2010: Party at a friend’s house – very awesome!
2011: back in New Orleans watching the Auburn football game and heading to bed at 10 p.m. Had to be ready to get up to go see my Saints play the next day!!

Speaking of the Saints game…It. Was. Awesome. Despite the thousands, we saw a few people from our church and met up with some friends we hadn’t seen in a while. Oh, and the Saints won. Can’t beat that!!

Kyle and his aunt
Me and my honey
Kyle's sweet aunt and uncle
Kyle and our friend Sean, from Ohio! So glad we got to see them at the game!!
Me and Tinabean!! Love that girl!
Oh, when the Saints...go marching in...
Me, Kyle, and our friends Crystal and Dain
Kyle's cousin and his beautiful girlfriend
2012…I have a feeling it’s going to be a great year.

My love and me =)

9 comments:

Mari said...

Yes - it is going to be a great year!

Brooke said...

you're one of those girls? one that goes to a football game looking cute, not like you borrowed your mister's hoodie & not like you're going to a formal dance but that ever illusive perfect middle ground? i'm not sure we can still be friends.

but if you're okay with haunted places, then i suppose you're okay to come visit my house - i'm pretty sure if i believed in ghosts i would think my house was haunted.

Penny said...

Lol, Brooke!!! Actually, usually I have my hair in a ponytail, but since we were going to meet my husband's cousin and his girlfriend afterwards, I decided to look, ahem, a bit better, haha!

sara said...

I slept through the new year too! We had flown all day to get home and just couldn't make it!!! but we ARE old! ha!

Rach@In His Hands said...

Happy New Year! LOVE LOVE the pictures! We rang in the New Year by driving back to MI from WI and then falling into bed at 10. Woot! :)

Tara said...

I love how long your hair has gotten!

misti said...

Brooke, don't let her fool you...she always looks cute!

:)

Thanks for the coffee date! Ella and I had fun!

the domestic fringe said...

Happy New Year! I'm not so sure I can remember how my husband and I have spent all the NYE's since we've been married. That's how exciting we are. ;-) Hope it is a great year.
~FringeGirl

Lindsey Walpole said...

Ironically I was in your same state of mind ringing in the year 2009. I had food poisoning in New York. Miserable. Glad yall got to go to a saints game! SO MUCH FUN!