Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Dear Spring...

I love all seasons. Each time a new one comes around, I say it's my favorite. Each one just brings a lot of beauty and excitement. This spring has been particularly eventful already, but I'm looking forward to relaxing days coming...soon? Nah. But I'll take any break I can get!

I love my backyard. We have a park literally right behind our back yard and an empty lot to the side, so we're pretty much as secluded as you can get living in the city limits. I love it. I love being in town but having that alone feeling, too. And I love the trees blooming in our back yard. I'm getting beautiful irises soon and some gardenia and Jane magnolias. I can't wait!!

And I get to play with this majestic feline all the time!! Isn't Apollo gorgeous? She is such a sweet, fluffy kitten!

A stretch in the sunshine
Someone else who really enjoys the warmer weather is the Voo...

This was taken right before Apollo went in full military stealth mode to sneak-attack Vicki. It's one of her -- Apollo's, not Vicki's -- favorite games. Vicki pretty much hates it.

And, naturally, no spring day is complete without a little cheer from this adorable little munchkin of Misti's.



Vicki, of course, had to see what all the fuss was about.

And, yes, it is raining -- pouring, actually -- right now, but I'm looking forward to a very sunny weekend in all aspects. =)

7 comments:

Mari said...

I love Spring too - it really is my favorite. You are so lucky in where you live. It's the best of both worlds!
That baby is adorable!

Anonymous said...

i think we skipped right over spring, but it looks like you're enjoying it :)

Brooke said...

and by "anonymous" i mean me. ugh - sorry i clicked the wrong button.

septembermom said...

Blooming irises sound very nice. I love spring too! Cute furry friends and adorable baby. Enjoy!

misti said...

Cannot wait to see your irises! My dogwood is out of control gorgeous right now. I love Spring!

And yes, Apollo might be the prettiest kitty I've ever seen. If she goes missing, I don't know anything...

Anonymous said...

Oh Goodness! That last pic! :)

Kara With a K said...

We had a ton of rain last week which gave way to the most beautiful of sunny, warm days. I am loving our spring.

Gardenia and magnolias? Be still my heart. We have a gorgeous peony bush which will, thanks to said rain, produce the most heaven sent peonies in the next month or so. Divine, simply divine. I adore spring so much.