Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Recipe time

I sure hope you didn't give up sugar for Lent, cause I'm about to ruin your day if you did.

Introducing....banana nut scones!!!


It's okay. I'll wait while you swoon.

Even my husband, who usually is not a fan of scones, absolutely loved these. His blood sugar, however, did not. I've mentioned how I love to bake, right? And how hard it is to bake something nutritious? Most of the time, I do succeed, but this is soooo not the case.

These are ooey, gooey, ridiculously sinful. While I'm eating them for breakfast right now, they're not much of a breakfast food. Anything topped with brown sugar is more of a dessert than breakfast (so says the girl who usually eats oatmeal for breakfast -- PLAIN oatmeal with raisins). And, to be fair, they're really not that sweet. They just have a lot of "bad" carbs for diabetics.

However, my diet needs to be a bit different from my husband's. I run. A lot. And I need carbs. The "bad" ones. ;)

Plus, they're oh, so good. And if you have a strong cup of coffee with you, how much better can life get?


So we've decided these are a special treat, not an everyday occurrence. But right now, until I eat them all, it's a good week.

Recipe can be found here. Happy Ash Wednesday!

6 comments:

thedomesticfringe said...

They look so yummy!

Mari said...

They look so good - except I would leave out the nuts. :)

SusanD said...

That's just cruel. Just say'n. lol. I didn't give up sugar, but gave up chocolate. Plus restricting sweets.

Carol said...

Oh, these look so yummy. I think I'll make them in the next few days. Thanks for sharing the recipe. :)

misti said...

Um...yum!!! Dessert, schmessert...bananas= healthy! ;-)

Tara said...

I feel like you posted this to torture me. You can apologize by mailing me some scones.