Thursday, May 26, 2011

Betty and tomatoes

Let’s start with the less interesting news, shall we? ;)

My tomatoes have been repotted. They have survived crazy weather and, more importantly, ME and have thrived. Let’s just hope that they survive shoddy replanting as well.

Okay, but now for the better and much more important news!! I’m about to burst with excitement!

My mom just called; Betty’s doctor said the tumor was GONE and the cancer is GONE!!! Yes, seriously, that just happened! I am just ridiculously happy and bouncy and very (obviously) animated, lol!!!

God is our Provider, and He saw us through this trial and so many others! God is good, all the time!

There’s a song we sing at church that every time I hear it, whether at church or in the car, wherever, I just tear up because I respond to the words and know how true they are. I remember singing this at the first of the year when we found out Betty had cancer.

“I will remain confident in this; I will see the goodness of the Lord.”

Sometimes it’s hard to worship. It’s hard to worship when you see loved ones suffer. It’s hard to understand why bad stuff has to happen. Maybe that’s why we’ve focused on God’s attributes in our Sunday School lessons for so long. =) We may not feel like worshipping, but we worship until we feel it. We don’t feel it and then worship. We worship despite our attitude, mood, and situation. We worship til we feel God move.

We’re not God. We don’t see what He sees. But we know He loves us and hears us and mourns when we mourn. I never felt alone, and I hope my aunt never felt alone during this period. I hope she knew that she had a family support system, a friend support system, and, most importantly, God supporting her through this crisis.

And we have been told that the type of cancer she had was aggressive and very well may come back. But right now, in this moment, when it was so hard to worship before, we worship now joyfully.  We thank Him for His goodness and mercy and praise Him because He is our Savior Almightly.

The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? -- Psalm 27:1



9 comments:

Ginger said...

Yay! PTL about your Aunt Betty! Yes, God is good all the time. Even when we don't feel it. I know what you mean about those songs that bring reflection and speak to us. I am so glad He has moved on behalf of your family.

SusanD said...

I am rejoicing with you!!! PTL for hearing and answering prayers. For standing by us through the darkness and the light. Praise His wonderful name. If I had your # I would have called and squealed with delight at this awesome news. Blessings, SusanD

Unknown said...

AWESOME NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!

misti said...

Praise God from Whom all blessings flow! =) Yayyy Aunt Betty!

And yay for you, not murdering your tomatoes (or as Peyton says, "MATOES!")

Mari said...

Woohoo!!! Big praise here along with a big smile!

Brooke said...

that's incredible!! :) and i'll throw in a "hallelueah" for the 'maters too!

sara said...

oh my gosh that is the best news I have heard all day!!!! I am doing the happy dance with you!!!!

Denise J. Hughes said...

Rejoicing with you. Cancer free. That is amazing.

My cousin passed away this week from cancer. He was 39.

The Lord gives and the Lord takes away. May the name of the Lord be praised.

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

I love hearing answered prayer!!! There is no greater encouragement.

Thank you SO much for sharing this. God is truly awesome!