Superman does have Type II diabetes. BUT I am so thankful that it is Type II and not Type I.
And, while I'm on a thankful kick, here are some other things I am overly thankful for:
* Superman's attitude with his diabetes. He's ready for war AND still has a sense of humor. Last night I asked him to unload the dishwasher, and he said, "I can't. I pricked my finger." And then gave a fake cough. Smart aleck, haha!
* Our family and friends -- including YOU!! I am so blessed to have people in my life who are caring and who have been praying for Superman and for me. Seeing all the responses yesterday of people who said they would pray was very uplifting.
* The cost. I gotta say, I was worried about how much his meds and test strips and everything would cost, especially since Superman's quitting his job (long story) in June. Everybody kept saying how expensive those testing strips were, which made me even more nervous -- and turns out my insurance covers them!! AND cost for his pills and everything for one month is a total of $7. Woo hoo!!
* Superdog did not decide to use our bed as a patch of grass last night!
* Aaaannnnnddd -- BIG NEWS ABOUT OUR BOOK. I am so excited about this...
So a couple of weeks ago we had dinner with a group of friends from a church we went to before we got married. As we were catching up, we mentioned that we had written a book and were trying to get it published, and one of our friends said, "I'd really like to read it." Awww...but then -- "I'd like to write a song about it."
Hold up. Let me tell you who this is: NAOMI CARROLL (www.naomicarroll.com). You may not have heard about her yet, but, trust me, you will. Her record is going nationwide sometime in May.
That's right. A super amazing national-recording artist who is going on tour this year with some big names in the Christian music industry is writing a song. About. Our. Book.
We were listening to Naomi's music the other night, and I just looked at Superman, my mouth wide open. "She's writing a song -- for us," I breathed, still in shock. "She's writing a song about our book."
I can hardly contain my excitement.
So, yeah...it's a good day. =D