I've been pretty much running on caffeine for the last two weeks. May has been super busy, which really does make me happy. I like being busy. I don't like sitting with nothing to do.
But things are suffering -- such as my house, which hasn't been clean in the past two weeks. And my sleep, which I love. And my husband, who rarely gets good meals now. And the pup. I haven't scheduled a puppy play date for her or taken her running in ages, though she did get some much needed exercise this past weekend with Puddin'.
First, to organize the next two weeks:
* I must get this five-page bio for the sports department sent out TODAY.
* I have to grade those final three papers today.
* Senior grades need to be posted tomorrow.
* I give a final tomorrow.
* At some point this week, I have to run to the nearest large town, 30 mins away, and return two items and pick up papers.
* Again, at some point this week, I either have to get my nails done or do them myself. Either way works for me (though I wouldn't mind getting pampered...).
* Friday night is the rehearsal dinner (two hours away) for my cousin's wedding. We're taking Superdog and staying with my parents, who live 30 mins away from the wedding location.
* Saturday is the wedding, the brunch (for the men and Superman), oh, and did I mention I have to cover our university's graduation, which is 1 hour and 30 mins away? Yep. So Saturday morning my dad and I are driving back here where I can cover graduation and then booking it BACK to the wedding location.
* Sunday the family who are still around are going to my mom's family's church in Arkansas.
* Monday is one of my best friend's birthday. Par-Tay!!
* Wednesday Superman is getting his wisdom teeth out. Poor thing!
...And then, we get ready for school at Super Duper University, four hours away (a once-a-week commute), which begins June 4.
(P.S. That's also the day my online class I'm teaching begins. FABULOUS.)
Now that I'm organized, I need to moderate. Moderate what, you ask? My coffee intake (Wailing and moaning commences). Superman is going to be my wonderful driver to SDU, but we'll still be getting back home at about 1 a.m. Friday. And, yes, I have to work Friday. Therefore, in order for that double shot espresso to work as intended, I need to cut back from being a four-cup-a-day-plus-one-diet-coke girl to a one-cup--a-day coffee girl.
I've done it for three days so far. It's not been pleasant.
I keep thinking that things are going to slow down, but they're not. The only way not to get overwhelmed is to organize. And I would like to publically commend Superman for cleaning our junk, whoops, I mean SPARE, bedroom. And I don't mean halfway cleaning. He SUPER cleaned it. After all, he is Superman. That really mdae me feel calmer, because if my house is clean, I just feel more organized.
And, no, I'm not OCD. I'm not amazingly organized by any means. I just fake it.