Thursday, October 29, 2009

Let it rain. Why not?

**NOTE TO GINGER: For some reason, I am unable to access your blog. I click on your profile to get to it and am unable to. Send me the link, and let me see if I can get to it that way. Thank you!!!***

Who has two thumbs and will stand out in the pouring rain and tornado warnings to write a story about a building groundbreaking? This girl.

The exciting life of journalism.

The good news (depending on how you look at it) is that misery loves company, and all my students are required to come as well (they receive 10 bonus points if they do). A bigger crowd will look better for the visiting media, especially if they see so many students.

Carrot versus the stick, works every time.

Also, I'm doing a poll about Demotivator posters. Don't know what they are? Go to www.despair.com. Trust me. It's hilarious. I'm trying to pick out my favorite poster for my office. My current favorite is Worth. I wanted Potential, but the fries on the poster would make me constantly hungry. Yes, my sense of humor is slightly skewed. But, then again, you haven't met my students...

So head over there and let me know what you think!

In a lighter mood, I rediscovered (seems like I'm constantly rediscovering this little jewel) how much Bible study in the morning improves my mood. Yesterday, I was just so down. No particular reason. I deal with the same things over and over, so it's not like the day was much of a surprise. But my attitude was. Then it hit me. I hadn't read the Bible in about 10 days. Snap. So this morning, I woke up early, made some coffee (added some pumpkin spice creamer, YUM!) and had some one-on-one time with the Big Man.

My entire perspective changed.

Which brings me round to the top again. Who has two thumbs and has to take notes outside in the pouring rain today? This girl. And who's okay with that? THIS GIRL.

W00t.

9 comments:

misti said...

We love despair.com! I got Alan a poster for his office in Houston a few years ago. I got him the "Indifference" one...hilarious!

Lucy Marie said...

You're right - bible study in the morning really does make a huge difference. I've been finding the same thing lately.

Kristen said...

Oooooh.... I love despair.com!! So funny!!

Sara@iSass said...

I just spent the last 10 minutes laughing till I had to pee!
Here are my favorites:
Cluelessness: There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.
Idiocy: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in a large group.
Tradition: Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.

Now I REALLY need that last one a a shirt to wear to my inlaws! hee hee.
I hear ya, on the daily bible study time. the WHOLE day looks and feels better/different.
Now go out there and swat that withch off her broom!

Aleta said...

I've never heard of that site. I'll go check out it. Sounds like fun. Love the "carrot" reason. Lol.

Mari said...

Great post! And - I never heard of the demotivator posters, but I love them!

Jen said...

It's amazing how much bible study can improve our attitude! I just made the same discovery. I have been away waaay too long.

I've never been to despair.com, but judging from the other comments, I need to check it out. I need that "tradition" T-shirt to wear to church.

Anonymous said...

You are so funny!

I've never seen despair.com. Hilarious!!!

Anonymous said...

Got it! Hope you can get through now... ha!