Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Trying the Random Dozen AND links to a giveaway
1. On an average, how often do you splurge and buy something for yourself?
Superman would say ALL THE TIME, but, really it’s not that often. About once a week I splurge with a pumpkin spice latte or a white mocha, so let’s go with once a week.
2. Are you more like Hall or Oates? Just kidding. Real question: What is the last creative project you began/finished? Feel free to post a pic of it.
Wow. Has to be last Christmas when I “sewed” Superman a blanket. Misti taught me to do this no-sew blanket, and it’s one of our favorites.
3. OK, Goldie Locks, do you consider your house too big, too little or juuuust right?
Too little!!! Our kitchen in our apartment was bigger than the one in our house! I have mental images of my dream kitchen and dream bathroom. Those are my two “must have” areas.
4. What is your favorite outdoor chore?
I HAVE a favorite outdoor chore? Um…putting bird seed in the bird feeder. Lazy, I know. But I love watching the birds from my window.
5. If you knew that cigarette smoking was not bad for your health but would be a weight loss tool, would you use it? Why or why not?
Ew, no. I hate the smell of cigarettes, and they make your teeth yellow!
6. On a road trip, would you rather drive or ride?
Depends on my mood. Sometimes I LOVE driving, but most of the time, I’d prefer just to ride.
7. What do you consider a trivial pursuit?
8. This weekend, we downloaded the movie "Duplicity" with Julia Roberts and Clive Owen. Within 5 minutes, I was bored and annoyed, but I kept watching 5-10 minutes at a time hoping it would get better between small chores. I finally gave up and Jorge watched it alone, and then regretted wasting that time because he disliked it intensely, too. So ... how long do you watch a movie or read a book before giving up on it?
I started watching some movie, can’t even remember the name, recently, and the stupidity of it and the lame attempt at jokes made me give it up about 10 minutes in. I was so disappointed, too, because it had Will Arnett in it!
Books? First chapter. I need to be hooked early on.
9. Is there a song that you really love but are embarrassed to admit because it's not cool or it's racy or because it's by Hall and Oates?
We’re on a Hall and Oates kick today, aren’t we? ;) I like Paramore, even though it sounds like a silly high school band.
10. On a scale of 1-10 (10 = extremely) how spontaneous are you?
Probably a 7. Before we got married, I was HIGHLY spontaneous, so much so that I often scared my boyfriend-turned-hubby (seriously). I’ve calmed down, though, and I think it’s for the better, lol!!
11. Are you a food and/or beverage snob?
*Cough* Um, yes. Especially when it comes to my coffee. My co-worker mentioned that since all of us drink coffee, we should start using the big coffee pot in the break room for everyone. I smiled, but I didn’t mean the smile. I will continue to make my coffee using my specially-bought beans and the way I like it.
12. Who/What are you trying to control in your life?
I can’t anymore. I recently came to that conclusion, and I said, “Okay, God, I OBVIOUSLY can’t do it, so You have to.” Silly, I know, but it made me feel so much better because I realized, “Oh, wow. I don’t have to worry about this anymore.” Not that it took all the worry away, but I’m much less panicky now.
Okay, on to another subject: You MUST visit Sara at Interpret Sass today! She's hosting an amazing giveaway -- coffee, a book, AND warm, fuzzy socks. What more could a girl need? Anyway, if the link's not working, click here: http://interpretsasscox.blogspot.com/ Oh, and tell her I sent you, too! =)