(This is my highly lazy random dozen, as I don't even have a photo...and bold also hates me now...)
1. Candy corn: Your thoughts?
Let’s put it this way. When I was shopping for candy for the trick-or-treaters, I passed up the candy corn for ONE reason: it would be gone by Halloween.
2. Briefly, what was the first conversation you ever had with your spouse? (or best friend, if you're not married.) (Or someone significant, like your librarian.)
He doesn’t remember meeting me. I remember meeting him – thought he was CA-UUUTTTEE! He was my survival group leader in the BCM. I ended up dating a friend of his for a while until he wised up and realized I was amazing ;). Now he’s best friends with one of my ex-boyfriends from high school. Who’s married to one of my best friends. Lol!!
3. Could you ever become a vegetarian?
I love hamburgers too much. And Wendy’s chicken (and KFC’s…and Popeye’s). And FISH. And I’m hungry now…
4. Have you ever dressed up your pet in a costume?
Seriously? You’ve seen the pictures. She’s so entering a Halloween costume contest this year, too.
5. Name something about childhood that you miss (like Clark Bars, Teaberry Gum, Malibu Barbie, cracking fake eggs on people's heads with your fist and "It's the Great Pumpkin" airing only once a year).
I miss having no stress. I didn’t worry about anything as a kid. Now I worry about everything. And, yes, I will be competing in the 2012 Olympics in Rio as a Champion Worrier. If I don’t win first for Procrastination.
6. Have you ever won a trophy? If not, what do you deserve a trophy for?
Yes, for worrying. Just kidding!!
I got a lot for dancing when I was little (I think you “received” those, not really “won” them), but I did win a couple of trophies for (gasp) singing.
7. When do you think is the appropriate time to begin playing Christmas music each year?
Whenever you feel like it.
8. What's your favorite board game?
Not really a board game person. I’ll give it the ol’ college try, but I’d rather play something else. Like tennis. I’ll smoke ya (I like trash talking apparently).
9. How do you feel about surprises (receiving, not giving)?
LOVE THEM! Surprise me now! =D
10. Is it easy for you to say, "I'm sorry?"
A few questions must be asked.
1. Do I REALLY feel sorry?
2. Am I apologizing to someone I like or dislike?
3. Is it in person or via e-mail/letter/etc?
11. What is your favorite candle scent?
I love Bath and Body Works’ candles – the pumpkin smells, the winter candy apple smells…ahhh…Must light one now!
12. October is traditionally "open house" time in public schools. If you had a literal open house in your home (like a reception) what light snacks would you serve visitors and what would you show them (as in art projects, graded papers) that would uniquely represent you?
I would serve cupcakes, cookies, and sausage balls, because that’s what I like. As for what represents me…maybe photo albums? Or our extensive book collection (in three separate rooms)? Or books that we’ve written but are unpublished? =D (We also have published works; both of us served in the media for some time.)
Funsies! For MORE funsies, go see Linda!