Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Gatlinburg overview

How do you know the vacation was AWESOME?

Because you don’t rest until you come home.

Some vacations I need to take to rest. Work’s been hard, or life’s been hard in general. However, this time, we vacationed simply to play hard. And we succeeded.

We, along with Rin and Dustin, headed to Gatlinburg, Tennessee, last week to spend some time in a three-story cabin overlooking the Appalachian Mountains with our friends from Ohio, Sean and Tina. And, I would like to give credit to Brooke for being our online tour guide, as she was in Ohio but still managed to give us good tips for where to shop and eat via Twitter. Also, she is absolutely correct in saying that she lives in the Promised Land. I want to look for jobs up there!

There’s so much to say regarding this trip, and I’m sure there will be multiple posts regarding our time, but this one is just an overview with a few pictures thrown in.


This was my view every morning as I drank my coffee and sat in a rocking chair on the top level. This cabin was awesome. Not only did each of us have a full floor to ourselves, but it also had a pool table room, a hot tub, a sauna, and great places to hide for great hide-and-seek games (more on those later!).


Boys grilling dinner, including the infamous “triple burger,” which apparently is a diabetic's friend, as Kyle consistently has perfect blood sugar after this meal (but probably higher cholesterol, lol).




Tina and me just before dinner. This was taken after a busy day at Dollywood, where we rode every roller coaster at least once (sometimes up to three times…What can I say? NO LINES!!).


The three of us before shopping (post-shopping post to come later; we RACKED UP.)


Last day at the cabin. I already miss it and the people in it! 

7 comments:

Brooke said...

dollywood wasn't crowded? i only go on Sevier Co $5 days so its always packed when i'm there :P

Penny said...

It was crazy how uncrowded it was. We rode so many rides multiple times we stopped keeping count. My favs were the wooden roller coaster and the Mystery Mine.

misti said...

Jealoussss! Looks like a fabulous trip! I love TN! :)

Tara said...

It looks and sounds like y'all had a BLAST!! I'm so glad that y'all got to go! AND... I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one with a Christmas wreath still up...

Ginger said...

Sounds like ya'll had a great time.

Thank you so much for your comment on my blog!

Ginger

Aleta said...

I love Gatlinburg, I could go there any time of the year and be very happy :)

Gatlinburg Condos said...

This place is really a perfect place to enjoy holiday to relax and to have fun.