Is procrastinating similar to waiting?
I am waiting. Waiting for news, waiting for an appointment. Waiting, sometimes knowing when things will occur, but most often times not.
Therefore, I procrastinate.
When I have a huge list of items to accomplish, I am on the ball. I will finish the agenda in record time and have time to relax in the afternoon. When I have one or two things to accomplish, though…oh, I procrastinate.
To keep me procrastinating a few more minutes this morning, I decided to make a list of…Great Fun in July!
Sorry. I’d come up with a better name, but the coffee hasn’t kicked in yet, lol.
· Spending time with great friends in Tennessee
· Spending Friday afternoons at the pool
· Eating an average of a snow cone a week – a different flavor each week!
· Eagerly anticipating Baby Ella’s arrival next month!
· Reconnecting with an old college friend
· Preparing for the beach and my sweet husband’s 29th birthday
· Starting our Ruth Bible study at church
· This sweet baby’s two-year-old birthday party
· Grilling with friends
· Finishing that stupid transfer class
· Watching the sweet pup find a new boyfriend
I feel like there’s more…and there is. =) But, as with everything, I have to be patient. I’ve never been a very patient person, but, if I’m learning one thing this summer, it’s patience. And, as I keep trying to explain to God, I don’t think I requested to learn patience. I know better, haha! But He knows more than I do (shocking, huh?).
And the Lord will continually guide you and satisfy your desire in scorched places and give strength to your bones. You will be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water whose waters do not fail. -- Isaiah 58:11