Oh my goodness. What a whirlwind week and a half.
This is just my "Hey-guess-what-I'm-back" post; I'll do a better job tomorrow (maybe tomorrow). A few highlights from the holidays:
1. Chicago was a BLAST -- and, for the most part, was fairly warm, 60 degrees one day (what what!). But getting there was a PROBLEM, as we got delayed (though received first class upgrades due to the delay), then got rerouted to Cincinnati for the evening. So not cool. Once we were in Chicago, though, everything was fabulous.
2. New Year's Eve was rotten. Okay, maybe not New Year's EVE, but at 1:30 a.m., Jan. 1, I found myself puking up a lung and possibly a kidney while having 102 degree fever. Why? No clue. Maybe food poisoning, maybe a stomach bug, but at any rate, I was absolutely sure I was dying. Shockingly (haha) I survived.
3. I'm HOME!!! Superdog and I haven't been home since Christmas Eve, and while I enjoyed Chicago and staying with my parents, it is so nice to be at my own home. Superdog may not agree. Granddad gives her human scraps and takes her for super long walks with her "aunt," Pudding (or, as we pronounce it and her vet spells it, "Puddin.").
4. Superman comes home Tuesday!!! I am so excited I cannot hold it!!!!
5. I sent out the Starbucks cards for those of you who won, so you should receive them any day now. Yea!
Hopefully tomorrow I'll get more detailed and do New Year's resolutions and stuff like that. But tonight I must unpack.