Thursday, February 19, 2009

I had something really good to post, but now I don't remember...

...so I'm going to do a list instead.

***EDIT: So, I have to vent RIGHTNOW. I mentioned below that I am more concerned about my students' grades than they are. And, on a whim, I decided to look them up on facebook! DON'T GET DRUNK, PLAY BEER PONG, OR DO KARAOKE THE NIGHT BEFORE MY CLASS, ESPECIALLY IF YOU'RE NOT DOING GOOD IN THAT CLASS!! I mean, SERIOUSLY!

Okay. On to the post.***

* Hubby got me a new laptop, and I am thrilled. It's a Toshiba, and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. He set it up for me last night, and it came to work with me this morning.

* I made gumbo Tuesday night -- by myself -- and it turned out wonderfully (in my and Superman's opinion).

* I'm more concerned about my students passing my class than they are, and that greatly bothers me.

* LOST was AMAZING last night. I won't say any more, in case some of you have not seen it, but it was FANTASTIC!

* I get two days off next week for Mardi Gras. Since Superman will just be coming home from a trip, I think we're just going to relax and stay around the house, which is kinda unusual for us. Usually if we have a spare day, we're going travelin'!

* My teeth hurt. And I have a cold. Not a good combo.

* I think Superdog believes that I'm the reason Superman leaves. She always gives me a mean glare when she realizes he's not home.

* Everyone needs to watch/read "As We Forgive." It'll change your life.

* This was probably a mocha day, but I got regular black coffee instead.

How's your day going?

13 comments:

Mari said...

Lost was wonderful! Watch yourself for a sinus infection - teeth hurting is one of the signs. Feel better!

Anonymous said...

oh, yes! lost was good last night. i'll have to try the book you mentioned, you read some good ones. hope your teeth feel better soon! i'm sure that's an icky feeling!

Brooke said...

wasn't it great :) this season has me more excited than i've been about the show in a while.

misti said...

I forgot about LOST until you text messaged me last night!! So we stayed up too late watching it...worth it! :)

For some reason I felt like it was a mocha day too...but I also got black coffee. Weird...

septembermom said...

Glad that your gumbo came out well. That is something I want to try to make. I wonder if I can do it, since I'm not from the South : ) I have to get on the Lost bandwagon. It sounds like such a great show!

Sara@iSass said...

Are you CRAZY?!?!
I would go NUTS if I read facebook or myspace. My Hubby has cousins in the 17-21 age group and I REFUSE to look for them, I DON'T want to know what I'd find.
That said. You are a wonderful caring teacher and sometimes, you have to let them FAIL. It is a apart of growing up that they NEED to realize. THOSE actions,(beer ponging and whatnot) DO have consquences. Maybe you could have an assignment they could do that after failing, they could work real hard on this make-up thing and there for squeak by with barely passing?
No? I don't kow how it works, but I will say that if they care not for your class and passing then you need to do them the favor and fail them.
YEah on the gumbo!
We're going to try the Barefoot Contessa's lemon tart this weekend.
(Did I sound too mean?)

Rach@In His Hands said...

Oh, I can only imagine what you found on Facebook! I'd be upset to if I was you!

Yay for your new laptop!

Sarah M. said...

I didn't get the specialty coffee I was craving this AM either!
Facebook can reveal more than you want to know!

LuAnn said...

I think Facebook Is a little scarey. My husband is on there to keep in contact with our college kids from church who are away. Yikes - there pictures are unreal. Did they forget they invited him to be their friend on there.

Tanya said...

I am not a big facebooker either. I hope you feel beeter tho.

Anonymous said...

I just got a facebook account and have been in touch with cousins & other family that I've kind of lost touch with. That part is nice. The not nice part is seeing your 22 year old cousin doing her thing with her girls on her birthday! Aaah! :-0 I do think these younger ??kids/adults?? forget who is watching!! I was scandalized...my aunt emailed me and told me to call the exorcist or get some holy water after she looked! haha (but not funny haha)

I've just said NO to my 16 year old having her own account. We tried it for about 3 days, but she couldn't handle it.

Oh well.

I'm a Believer!
Laura

Angela Nazworth said...

Great post! Oh, I finally got my pay it forward up!!!

Michelle said...

oh, goodness, i had to go and check to see if you had high school kids or college kids! I'm sure fb gets a few people in trouble every now and again!

I hate the whole cold, sore teeth combo! Feels awful!