Friday, July 31, 2009

Caffeinated Randomness: Movie of the Decade



On our way home from Super Duper University on Wednesday, Superman and I started talking about what could be classified as the 2000s Movie of the Decade (said with an echoing announcer voice).

We both came up with two different movies, but I'm not going to name them...not yet.

So I want to get all of your opinions -- spread the word, share the bloggy movie-of-the-decade joy! Think about it this weekend and come back on Monday to discuss what would be YOUR idea of the Movie of the Decade (again with echoing announcer voice).

What makes your choice the Movie of the Decade? Is it the sweeping musical score, the glamorous costumes, the amazing acting, a top-notch cast, an unusual script? Is it all of these? Tell me your choice and tell me why it should be the Movie of the Decade.

Will it be an epic classic such as Lord of the Rings? Will it be a graphic B-movie remake, such as Grindhouse? Will it be a cheesy romance, a la Twilight (if it is, I will come through this computer screen and shake some sense into you!)? What is the Movie of the Decade?

Think about it. Let me know. And visit Andrea for more Friday Caffeinated Randomness!!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can only hope it is LOTR :) I adore everything about those movies (especially Sam!)

What a fun question....I am going to have to ponder no this one....

Kara With a K said...

I shall be thinking on this. Good stuff. I am curious what you and Superman came up with too. And don't worry I will not be picking Twilight (which I've never seen) or The Notebook (unless you were going for movie of the decade that cheaply and shamelessly robs you of your tears to make a buck or million) or anything of that nature.

Unknown said...

Hmmm ... I'll have to think about this.

Anonymous said...

Return of the King - HANDS DOWN.

It topped (or at least tied) Titanic for Oscars, it was one of the most brilliant print-screen adaptations EVER, and it made me cry like a baby. That's my vote.

Brooke said...

i'm with rachel - sometime about return of the king gave me goosebumps. and that's difficult for a 3 hour movie!

Anonymous said...

I'll be hardpressed to think of anything that tops LOTR: The Return of the King. But I'll try!

Growin' With It said...

if i can just get all the KIDS movies outta my head, i just might come up with one. great idea! have a great weekend sista!

Sara@iSass said...

I have never seen Return of the King. What's it about. BUt my Answer would be and no I do not need extra days to think about it.
What was that Tom Cruise said in Top Gun "You think up there you're dead." ??? Yeah, something like that...
Titanic.
Acting was sub-par but I love Kate Winslet. I have always been caught up in the story of the unsinkable ship and the love story "version" played well for my romantic side. Great villians, both the ice berg and Billy Zane and even the cocky ship builder... It had everything a movie should have. It will always be my MOVIE of the DECADE (ummm even if it was last decade the 90's)
But it is NOT my all time favorite...that would be GREASE and Breakfast club!

sara said...

hmmmmmmm....several good choices!

septembermom said...

I'm way too much into the whole kid movie thing this past decade. But I'll try to think of something for Monday :) Have a good weekend!